Backwards step? We will see!

My running four times a week experiment continues! So far this week, 2 x 5 plus 1 x 6 and then I will do another 5 on Saturday. Legs feel good and strong. No ill effects from my three times a week and total distance over the week is the same so I have been pretty sensible!

A little disappointed I am missing a nice long run but I will just up one run a week until I reach 3 x 5 and a 10 but no hurry for that. Does that seem ok??

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Sounds good to me. You're doing really well and obviously enjoying running 4x a week. Your plan sounds really sensible. Enjoy!

• It does to me, but I am a real novice, so I'm watching how things turn out for you with rapt attention.

• I have been running for a year. Pretty happy my legs coped well running four times a week. I still do my strength and flex exercises on running rest days. I have stopped step aerobics that I do at home too just to be cautious. I can slowly increase my weekly distance, but don't want to lose my ability to run 10k, will keep you updated. Final run tomorrow and will go for 5k

• I really need to commit to doing some regular strength and flex work on my rest days.

Though carting my poorly, youngest grandsprocket around earlier this week must count for something...

• As long as you feel okay and not overloaded.. that seems okay.

We know when things are too much for us.. you are doing so well..:)

• Sounds great Joolie.

You may also like...