Bling time

Bling time

Finally my 1st official 10k race, just a local 10k , The Abbey 10k , about 400 runners, bit of mixed terrain, grass, road, compacted farm track, road and then finish back on grass.

Clock was approx 1:08, not fast but thoroughly enjoyable, a few wobbly moments around 7-8k but ran through them , the weather was kind , Sun,clouds and some wind , ran most of it with a lovely lady which was nice as I usually run alone.

It felt harder than I thought It would , i was very pleased with my breathing though felt controlled and easy most of the way round.

The best bit was my son being there,made it even more special, will i do it again , yes very much so now I have had a taster โ˜บ

So there we are , happy , tired a little emotional , I only went and did it !!

Last edited by

38 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Absolutely brilliant Rob ! I am so so pleased for you !

Massive Congratulations and Oi Mister , 1 hour and 8 minutes for your first ( or any ) 10k is flippin' awesome !

Gorgeous photo of you and your boy, definitely one to treasure.

Well done Rob, I just knew you'd do it !!

Crackin' Bling too :-) xxx

• Aww thank you poppypug you have always been so kind and supportive โ˜บ

The bling is mine till wed then it will my son's ๐Ÿ˜Šxx

• Wonderful photo Rob! Massive congratulations on a job very very well done. Your son looks very proud of his dad, as are we all on here. You've achieved so much since your recovery from injury, and been an inspiration to me personally with your dogged determination and perseverance.

Well done Sweetie, to quote almost every footballer who's ever been interviewed on telly: you've "done t'riffic"

Give that man a medal ๐Ÿ… xx

• Thank you AncientMum , those months were very hard but stayed strong and I came back , just have to believe ๐Ÿ˜Š

You are too kind and thank you again xx

• Huge congrats Rob. Awsome job & yes I agree with Pops that time is not slow in the slightest.

Great pic too. Enjoy your medal while you still have it xx๐Ÿ˜‰

• Thank you Noaky12 ๐Ÿ˜Šxx

• Nice on Rob. Seriously, well done :-).

• Thanks yatesco :)

• Brilliant run, Rob and a good time. Lovely picture of you and your son - looks as if you've created some happy memories today!

• Thank you JaySeeSkinny ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Brilliant stuff Rob! Congratulations! You'll get a taste for racing now! :) very well done :)

• Thanks aliboo70 :) I could be be easily tempted :)

• thats the spirit! :)

• Oh, that is such a lovely photo Rob! Every time you look at that it will bring the memory flooding back! I have a photo of me high-fiving my boys on my Bristol 10k, stuck on my fridge and I smile every time I see it! Really big well done on that first 10k bling. Enjoy the rest of your day and here's to the next one!๐Ÿ˜€

• Thank you so much Sandraj39 I will treasure that one for a long time, now my FB picture :D

• Aw Rob, I was thinking of you today and knew you'd be fab. That's a brilliant time but then you've worked very hard for it. You've come back from injury and your determination and commitment has brought you to this race. Your son looks so proud as well he should and that's just such a lovely photo of you both. It says so much.

I hope you're doing lots of stretching and that you're not too sore tomorrow. xxx

• Thank you so much Irishprincess ๐Ÿ˜Š

He is my world ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lots of stretching done and so far not to bad have kept moving this afternoon which has helped ๐Ÿ˜Šxx

• Definitely keep moving ๐Ÿ‘ฏ but when you feel sore just take a long look at your medal! xxx

• I have only just taken it off, even wore it to go round tesco lol I am that proud xx

• And rightly so Rob. A friend ran his first race last year and wore his medal to bed! His wife confirms this ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Now that's an idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Great stuff, Rob. I'm glad you and your son like the medal. Brilliant :)

• Thanks 90ldfinch ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's a great run and a lovely photo 'slow' rob, great time too. You must feel real proud! Wear that medal with pride! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks farawaytree74 , very proud ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Congrats for the run, can't beat a nice bit of bling.

• Thanks Mat30 โ˜บ

• Hey Rob, well done you! Not fast? Excuse me, that is an excellent time, you know there are some nice 10k's over this way near Cambridge.......Cambourne is lovely......

You'll be up for another soon.......๐Ÿ˜„

Happy running ๐Ÿ˜„

• Thank you Madge50 โ˜บfunny enough one of the men I was taking too said the same โ˜บ

• Well done- a really great time too. Bet you feel proud. You deserve to!

• Thanks Celtprof โ˜บ

• Brilliant Rob. Well done! Do you think you could get addicted to running bling?!

• Thanks boptillyoudrop49 , could get very addicted โ˜บ

• Well done - great time and a wonderful picture. May there be many more.

• Thank you ancientrunner โ˜บ

• The first of many Rob. Brilliant!

• Awesome!!!! Well done! What a great picture ๐Ÿ˜ƒ!

• Thanks RunningForBroke โ˜บ

You may also like...