Bridge to 10K

Fastest 10k yet!🙂

Fastest 10k yet!🙂

Ok - got pretty close to a sub one hour 10k today. Runkeeper said 1 hour but it then took me 26 secs to get my phone out of my running belt, enter pin and stop activity! (must take new Garmin next time) Anyway, I am still really chuffed because although I avoided any tough hills today, it was so muddy out there - splashed my way through many many puddles as I ran along the old railway line and actually running through some of the mud churned up by horses, was  quite a challenge in itself! So, happy me😀!

13 Replies
oldest • newest

Happy indeed! That's great Sandra. You'll be ready for your race. When is it?

Thanks. The 10k trail is on May 1st here in Surrey. That's the one I'm really nervous about because it's an 'undulating' run ( agh! Hills! What was I thinking?!). Then two weeks later it's the Great Bristol 10K which I'm doing with my sister.

1 like

Brilliant! Well done Sandra :-)

2 likes

Congratulations. Brilliant achievement. Well done 🏃

2 likes

Well done Sandra! Sounds like a 1hr  10k to me! 😊😆

2 likes

I was pleased Ali. I also think it was you who told me it is faster and you get better traction if you run straight through muddy puddles, rather than around the edge/sides? Certainly tested this one today and I think I would agree. (Of course you do get considerably wetter!)

1 like

Yes that was me!that was the off road run group leader who said that and he did a 3.30 marathon last weekend! 😆

1 like

Would agree with that.. I got muddied up today and then ran through a load of puddles.. shoes now spotless..but as you say...WET!

1 like

Oh well done!! You must be buzzing, so proud!!

1 like

Well done! What an amazing achievement! You have ever right to be happy!

Happy running 👟 

1 like

Yeay... go you...we love the mud don't we. You will fly your race :)

1 like

Amazing job Sandra. You are flying!! ☺

Well done ☺☺

Thats amazing Sandra !

Well done you ! :-) xxx

You may also like...