Bridge to 10K
4,836 members5,448 posts

Successful (and unplanned) first step to 10k

Hello everyone, finally posting in this new forum as I've finally started to increase my 5k to 10k.

I had been planning on starting next week but when I was 4k into my run this evening I was feeling pretty good and so I challenged myself to go further than my usual 5k and get 5.5k instead. And I did it! Woo. 

I am planning on increasing one of my 3 runs by 0.5k every week. And hopefully if all goes to plan by my first runiversary in June I will be achieving 10k in pretty good time. 

Feeling positive!

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! This is how I bridged to 10k, increasing initially by .5 and then 1k but only when my body fely ready. Its such an exciting time, feeling your body getting stronger. Keep it up☺

1 like

thanks sandraj :) It is quite exciting! I was so proud when I felt that I was able to push myself further. 

2 likes

Brilliant plan, I did 5.5k first, then a 6,7,8 and 10!  Just did one longer run a week and on a good day, went a bit further.  If my legs were OK, went again.

1 like

Well done! You will be there in no time!

Excellent!  Keep it up, and you will be there, feeling strong :)

That's fab, well done! I did my first 10k over the Easter weekend and to be honest the increase in distance just crept up on me, I didn't have a proper plan, so it's been really nice. Good luck!

1 like

Best of luck - sounds like you are doing brilliantly! 

You may also like...