Went out today as the weather was great and started running in my local park round the lake. Felt so hard and even at 3k felt like going home. Determined to do a minimum of 5k which I did and then ran a bit more to 6k. The furthest I ever ran before was 7.5k, so thought I would like to beat that and when I reached 8k, thought I was so close to 10k, might as well plod on! First ever 10k done. Two rest days now maybe parkrun on Saturday if I recover. In total shock and legs feel good, very happy as I graduated from C25K 13 weeks ago, haven't been following a programme but just increasing my run times. 7.21 mins per km, took me 1 HR 15 mins. Didn't know I could run that long - happy Christmas to me (early)! Julie
Surprised myself!: Went out today as the... - Bridge to 10K
Not what you're looking for?
You may also like...
I felt as if a cold was coming on Monday evening so decided to sacrifice my Tuesday morning run for extra...
golf for the next 2 days!!!. Come on EUROPE!!! Run happy, run safe.
tempo run, followed a half marathon programme after being free running and found it hard? Julie
gave myself a chill , summertime.🤔 Saturday back to hedge cutting, felt OK. Got up 0100, Sunday morning...
warm up run because apparently it's not enough punishment! So I trotted around the local park for a K...
- The day a herd of VRBs smashed Lyme Park PR! 🏃♀️🏃♂️🏃♀️🏃♂️🐕🐌
- It's the FINAL WEEK of Ju-Ju's Magic Running Plan! 💥 Run, have fun, and BOOGIE!!!🤩
- Great South Run version 6 and a very long post warning ⚠️
- Another wonderful VRB meetup with a twist ... I didn’t have to drive miles and miles to get to it! 😅 🏃♂️🏃♀️🐕
- Ju-ju-‘s magic 10k November Group: Week 1