After having unprotected virginal sex , me and my sex partner have fever

I had unprotected sex with a girl, about 2 days ago,whose status of HIV is unknown. Me and my sex partner having very high viral fever fom the next day. It's about 100-102 F. I have sore throat too, but I am not coughing, and my nose isn't blocked, and also having heavy body pains and diarrhea. I don't have any rashes on my body. No matter how much paracetamol and ibuprofen tablets I take, the fever comes back to me in a few hours. When I take tablets, it feels good after an hour. Although, the effect remains for only 4-5 hours. I have been also having headache, and have been feeling very fatigued. After 1 day the fever went away but slight body pains, Don't have any night sweats though. The girl that I had sex with, wants to be in a relationship with me. It may be she has the HIV virus in her body, but doesn't know about it. She said that she doesn't like having sex with a condom on. She had been in a relationship with many guys before. I have kind of broke up with her, and I am not seeing her anymore. Anyways, my point is, do you think I might have HIV in me or any infections?

4 Replies

  • Yeah it's a big possibility you could have the HIV virus in your Immune system . The only way to know for certain is to book an appointment with the nurse . You will get the results within two weeks .i would put off having sex full stop unless you wear protection In future do not listen to a woman when she says don't wear a Condom especially if she's been with multiple partners.or you can order a hiv testing kit online where you will get the results right away . And fever does occur during hiv also this girl you used to be seeing she needs to get tested also and you have all the symptoms . Best to get tested as soon as possible .

  • No not necesserley as HIV takes about 2 months to settle into someone body and some people have symptoms of it after 2 or 3 months of sexual interiors with someone who has it and some people don't. It not known for a women to pass it on to another women. It better to use protection in future. Go and arrange a test with your gp they will give you and your partner a sexual health check and then that can ease your mind

  • As a qualified doctor, I am afraid to say that this is very common after unprotected sex with someone who is HIV positive. I would advise both of you to get tested immediately to protect your self and your partner. In the worst case scenario having HIV will be for life but treatment is available, so arrange an appointment STI clinic and local GP so they can refer you for any treatment if necessary.

  • No I think ur fine and ur over thinking sweets

You may also like...