Anxiety Support
33,922 members38,127 posts

Trying to "fake it" until I "make it"

Good morning,

My name is Shirley and I have suffered several years with depression and with anxiety for the last 10 years. I used to work in a very hostile environment and then the wonderful chief I had gave me my own office. I was so thankful for that, for once I thought someone was listening. Recently my assistant chief told me that next week I have to move back into that hostile environment (she calls it clinic). I have had so much anxiety that I throw up before I get here. There is one woman that I will be working with that runs to the boss with every mistake and automatically blames me, whether I did it or not. The worst part is my boss believes her. It's like Im guilty until proven innocent. I think she just wants me down there to micro-manage me. I don't know why she feels that way, every eval I have had has been excellent or outstanding.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Navygal,

Is the other person a workplace bully who behaves this way to cover up their own inadequacies, maybe even an organizational psychopath? I tried to work with one of these but ended up leaving for my health's sake. Faking it is not always the best way to go.

1 like

She's a big time bully. Im looking for jobs to transfer to since I work for the federal government. I want to stay in the federal government position because the pay and benefits are outstanding but I definitely will look at the outside if it needs to be.

You may also like...