Anxiety Support
35,776 members39,267 posts

Health anxiety and diazepam

Hi everyone, so I've got a big event that I have to go to tomorrow and I am freaking out about it 🙄 Went to my Drs yesterday and he's allowed me to have some diazepam along side my citalopram. I'm hoping this is going to allow me some relaxed few hours were I can just enjoy some family time. I'm still feeling more positive than I have for a long time and I know I'm on the right track to recovery which is why I'm in two minds about the diazepam. Sort of feel like if I take it I'm failing I'm also scared of side effects 🙄 But I feel like I deserve a break and if my mind isn't quite ready to do that on it's own then for the time being I guess I'll just have to give it a gentle nudge. Big hugs xx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you taken diazepam before and what dose it? I would suggest taking some today going out of your house and see what affect it has on you first if you've not taken it before. It's a tranquilser so on too if your citalopram could make you sleepy and yes also got a bit of muscle relaxant affect too. It can be addictive too. It's a controlled drug. I used to be hooked on it. I now only take it now and again to help me sleep. So be careful with it. Ok now and again if need it to calm you. I would test it today if you can though just incase you get side effects you don't like. Good luck!😊

2 likes

I've had it before when on sertraline and also mirtazapine. With sertraline it worked wonders with mirtazapine I just slept so yeah I'm way ahead of you lol I've taken one today to see how I get on that was the plan as I am scared of side effects but the dr seems to think that as it's such a low dose at 2mg it shouldn't knock me out just allow me to relax through the day and he said as long as I don't have more than 6 in 24hrs I'll be fine. The most my doctor ever prescribes is 10 tablets at a time so even if I wanted to take them more often I'm not going to be able too. Thank you for your reply :) and for caring :) big hugs xx

2 likes

That's good then! Very wise to take some today. i think your going to be fine tomorrow then. 😊

1 like

Thanks Hun yeah it gave me 3 hours of worry free (ish) time today so tomorrow I will have one before going and take one with me for if it's needed :) big hugs xx

1 like

Thanks for the hugs! 😊I'm so glad it went well with the diazepam today. That sounds a good idea to take another tablet with you if needed. Always a good idea to take meds with you I always do! 😊

1 like

You've got this! Try not to overthink things and take it one step at a time!

1 like

Thanks Hun :) really appreciate it :) xx

Would you be kind enough to tell me what dose of diazepam you take? I have been given a few pills to use as necessary before stressful events, but they are only 2mg and I don't find they do anything!

1 like

I have 2mg also foxglove. I found that alongside the citalopram they gave me a few hours relief. My dr told me that as it's such a small dose I could have up to 6 in 24hrs but I think it goes on what you're already taking as the 2mg tablets I have are what was prescribed to me whilst I was taking mirtazapine but I found that when I was on mirtazapine the diazepam just made me sleep the whole day through. When I was on sertraline I was prescribed 5 mg but only enough to get me through a week :) hope this helps big hugs xx

Thanks for reply - and the big hugs!.....Much appreciated

1 like

You may also like...