Prozac issues

Hello, I've been on Prozac for little over 6 months now, I've stayed on 20mg.

I feel as if though my anxiety has gotten worse or it fluctuates often, some days I'll be completely fine and other days I wake up like a zombie with no interests or happy at all, I freak out worse than before when put into stressful situations. I've also been noticing I can't hold still even if I try, I'm still having jitters or slight numbness issues.

Before I was prescribed Prozac I was on Zoloft which briefly worked for little over a month and my doctor switched me over to Prozac, I was going through a horrible depression and i can say I have proved since then but it doesn't seem to be helping my anxiety very much.

I have an appointment soon with my doctor where I wish to bring up my symptoms and ask to wean me off Prozac because I feel as if though it's becoming more difficult for me to enjoy life since I passed my depression but stayed on Prozac.

Any help, suggestions, words of wisdom?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I just started week 4 of Prozac. I'm only on 10mg. So far its helping but at first I was more anxious than I was before and it freaked me out.

Everyone is different so maybe it is just taking you longer to adjust?? Have you talked to your doctor about it?

• I have a little bit but usually the good outweighs the bad so I never figured to stress the seriousness of it, my following appointment soon I intend to explain everything I've been feeling.

You may also like...