Agoraphobia

Hi All, I am new & In the UK. I am a very young 57 year old :-) I have had Agoraphobia off and on for many years, I now know this has been cause by Panic Attacks and Health Phobia. Symptom's - Morning Anxiety, Dizziness, Etc....... I am at the moment trying to do exposure therapy, which has been hindered by the light days. ( feel much better going out in the dark!) but I am trying v hard has my son is getting married next year and the venue is an hour away..( Yikes!) Has anyone tried Hypnosis Therapy. Besides this I am an optimistic person and never get depressed. Anyone else relate to me.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi suzy99, I have been agoraphobic for the last 6 years but in the last year have been getting out little by little. Like you, the morning anxiety is the worse. I rather go out when it's cloudy or in the evening. Well you have a year to prepare for your son's big day. How exciting and I'm sure scary for you at the same time. I have tried Hypnosis Therapy and it is fabulous. The thing was the cost out of pocket became too much. But it does work. Go for it. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do. x

• Hi There, i have just started reading Dare by Barry McDonough. It is absolutely fantastic the best book i have ever read, and like most of us looking for a 'cure' have read many. lol. They also have a fb page with just the most inspirational and motivating people you can find that have been through or going through what we are now. Give it a try. x

• Thanks suzy, I heard that Dare is suppose to be very good. Thanks for recommending it. Ironically, today I'm packing up all the books I have on Anxiety as well as Fibromyalgia. They are perfect shape. There is a local book store who will buy them. Hopefully they will help others.

Have a good day :)

You may also like...