Anxiety Support
33,406 members37,719 posts


Hello all, I am back again . I got a letter back from the DWP and i have been told i have been put into the work related scheme thingy , I have posted here before about this and you have been a great help so far , well here goes , I am being given the run around by the DWP its driving me nuts , I am going to make a claim to let them know that i feel i should be in the support group not the one they have put me in, I have been in touch with the welfare rights and also the Advice center , I have to fill in a GL24 form and they will help me to do this , If you saw my post before , you will know that i am almost house bound and there is no way i can get to the job center for interviews ect , I have many illnesses , I asked the DWP for a copy of the Atos medical report but they wont send me one , in fact they wont send me anything at all . I have phoned them around 5 times now and its not an 0800 number so its costing me a lot of my money just to ask them whats going on and why they wont send me a copy of my medical report . My GP wrote to Atos when all this started asking them if they could visit me at home due to my illness , I have asked if she will write to them for me , but she said if they want any information they can write to her, I know they wont do that as she will charge them for a letter . I am at the stage of asking her to do a letter for me and i will pay for it just to sent it back with the GL24 , When the Atos DR. came to visit me , he said himself i wasn't fit for work , and he could not see there being any problems at all as long as my GP were to agree with what i told him , Well no one has been in contact with my GP at all , she hasn't heard a word from them . If anyone has a free phone number for these people i would love to have it , also any advice you guys can give me again will be a great help , as time is getting on and i know i only have 28 days to appeal . :)

4 Replies

Hi sorry you are having all this confusion and stress. I would ask welfare right if they can act on your behalf and take on all the battle for you. Maybe each region differs. But my local office only required me to sign a letter that they wrote stating that I gave them permission to act on my behalf. They took copies of all benefit letters they contacted others as necessary and removed all the stress from me. I am physically able. My appeal was purely on mental health grounds. Atos gave me 0 point even tho i get dla. After appeal i got 18 points.

Hope you do get the support, u should tell them that you just don't know where to Start and It's affecting your health.

Hope this is of some help. K.xx


Thanks , But i haven't got a welfare rights , where i live only the cit/ Advice Center I have spoken to the Welfare people and they said i was not in there Area, even though its only about 25 miles away from my home , If i had been a bit closer they would of sent someone out too see me at my house


Phone your local council as they should have an advisory department that can act for you, I had the same thing few years back, I took the dwp to tribunal, I got letters from every doctor, professional and carers that I have and also had a medication report from my pharmacist. I won my tribunal in less than half an hour. It's very stressful and atos are so disrespectful. They are paid bonuses if they hit their targets on declining and also putting people in the work focused groups as the government have set to them. I even got accused of faking a spinal surgery and paying a surgeon to lie. She then proceeded to rip up my tshirt and said " oh you're not lying" she got a formal warning.

Keep going and trying to look online at charities that can help too .


I have just had an idea from your post Loopylou, I was in the Forces for 12 years so i will seak help from them , wow i forget all about them lol Thanks for that post :)


You may also like...