Controlling Health Anxiety

I have been worrying myself about a health anxiety problem. I find it difficult to keep control of my anxiety when I am feeling poorly. I have had a on and off tooth ache for about 10 days. Last night the pain became more severe and I made a decision to call the dentists at 8.30am when they open. My anxiety reached such a level last night that I was physically sick. It is now 8.15am and I am feeling very tense.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do when I am feeling anxiety overwhelm.

Best wishes

M

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Use salt water to wash mouth .

• Thanks

M

• By now you may be at the dentist , I would have said let them no how anxious you feel , they should try & put you at ease

I hope you get your toothache sorted as I no these kind of things can send our anxiety up , dealing with pain

Try taking deep breaths in & slowly letting them out

Let us no how you go on

Take Care

Love

whywhy

xxx

• Thanks for your kind and thoughtful message. The dentist said after numerous checks that I have some gum infection around a tooth. All I have to do is take some anti-biotics for the next 7 days. I felt really relieved and thanked the dentist for his thoroughness and consideration to my anxiety. I hope that you have a smashing weekend. I am taking my wife to Skegness on Sunday... Weather permitting.

Love

M

xxx

You may also like...