Anxiety and Depression Support

New and many issues but OCD with wet hair on body is really bothering me and can't find others who experience this

Hi to all,

I am new here and what brought me is my issue with awful feelings when showering and feeling a wet hair on my skin. It can be while I'm showering or when drying off. I've told myself at times to try and let it go but it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't like a hair on my floor or counter so it isn't necessarily wet only. But I find it taking me forever to get a shower taken because I have to be sure every hair is gone. Aside from this I have had chronic major depression and generalized anxiety disorder since a young child. But for now I'm really trying to find someone who has this hair issue because so far I've not found anyone..

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, I hope you will find someone who has experienced this. I have a lot of triggers around showering, it's very frustrating, difficult and at times embarrassing.

1 like

What if when you wash your hair, you lean over face toward the shower head and let your hair hang down not touching your body. Wash it and rinse it like that. If you put conditioner on for a few minutes, put all your hair up in a big clip on top of your head. Rinse the same way. Get out,, immediately wrap it in a towel. Put on a robe or something with a high collar for when you brush your hair out so it doesn't touch your neck. Have you tried this?

1 like

You may also like...