Anxiety and Depression Support
23,873 members22,329 posts

Can sexual side effects go away..?

Hey, been on escitalopram for two weeks now, feeling little better but some sexual side effects... Have someone experience when start antidepressant?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey!

What kind of sexual side effects are you talking about? If you don’t mind me asking

1 like

Kind of impotence... Hope it goes away as its the beginning... Have been on this drug before but didnt experience something like this

I was on that medication for about a year. The first few months I wasn't intimate with my partner at all. After awhile i stopped having those side effects but they started up again near the end of me being on it so I started a new medication.

1 like

How is now with the new medication...? Ive been ok for 2 years with the same medicine.. After i stopped 1 year and now started again the same that i had before...but hope it will get better, maybe better wait a little more...

Relax ok?

Everything will comeback to normal once you start to feel better

I ve been there many times before 😊

Thank you...but is really terrible i would say more terrible than the panic disorder ive been dealing with from some years...but i should never take any medicine like this if i could get out from my house... Wonder how some people take it just for feeling little anxious or feeling little depressed...

What do you mean exactly when you say 'sexual side effects'??

Have write it over in the coments...

You may also like...