Adult ADHD Support
2,339 members621 posts

My husband has ADHD

Help. I can only find information for parents of children with ADHD or for adults with ADHD. I'm married to man who was diagnosed with ADHD at 51 yrs old. He doesn't take his medication regularly, is unemployed and his inability to focus or take steps to get help are negatively affecting his life and our family life. Is there a group for spouses to get support?

1 Reply

I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't know of any. My husband has ADHD too and doesn't take his meds. However, he is a type A personality and very organized to compensate but drives me crazy when he doesn't take them. Do you have a employee assistance program through your job? If so they offer free counseling and coaching. Or, post an ad on Craigslist for support. If you can afford it, make an appointment with an ADHD coach in area. Good luck!!


You may also like...