Back to medicine I go!

So after all that I have been experiencing lately with all of these cognitive issues (poor memory, lack of concentration, confusion, disorientation etc) I finally went back to my Doctor. He ran all kinds of tests and they all came back normal. So I guess I can't attribute what I'm going through to anything other than anxiety and depression. My Doctor suggested going back on anti-depressants again and see if I get any results. I told him of my history with them and how I felt like they never really did anything to improve these same cognitive issues previously. He explained that some people don't always respond within the 6-8 weeks and that maybe it could take longer to see improvements. I never really stayed on one medicine longer than 2 1/2 to 3 months before stopping because I wasn't back to "normal". I am just really so frustrated with this! I'm supposed to be starting a job on Tuesday and going back to school the following week. I pray that I can make it through the training and retain what they are teaching me..I don't want to look like an idiot!!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I agree with your doctor that you need to stay on the ad's longer as much of the effect is cumulative. It will probably take longer than 3 months before you feel 'normal' again. Persevere with them and give it much longer. Good luck with your training. x

• Thank you coughalot1!

• Thank you coughalot1!

• Hello

You will need to give your medications a chance to work, three or four weeks, All I can suggest is talking theraphy and medication. Depending on your condition.

Good Luck with your new job and training

BOB

• Hello

You will need to give your medications a chance to work, three or four weeks, All I can suggest is talking theraphy and medication. Depending on your condition.

Good Luck with your new job and training

BOB

You may also like...