Palpitations with antidepressants?

Anyone get palpitations chest tremors vibrations

While on Zoloft?

I called my pharmacist since doct is closed for the holiday

And she said I might be the 1% that gets it but is not sure if they are dangerous and that I should stop the meds until I talk to the prescribing doc :(

Also everyonce in a bit I feel like one big thumb all over my chest and throat area :(

6 Replies

• I'm treading very carefully here, because I would hate to be the reason you carried on taking a tablet that wasn't right for you.

However I can't help but notice that every one of your posts on different forums over the last month has been based on your anxieties about different health conditions. That's a bit of a worry and I think perhaps it should form the basis of your next chat with your GP x

• That's the reason I was started on the Zoloft on Wednesday just my anxiety has gotten out of control

It was my 2 time taking 50mg

This whole day I've been dealing with shortness of breath

• Hi Yaz

I think it's your anxiety. Try and do some deep breathing. Worry

Will kill you quicker than any tablet, you need to deal with

That anxiety as your worrying about everything.

• Could be the anxiety but I skipped my dose yesterday. Slowly throughout the day my heart palps were going and today so far nothing I have felt the quivers but not as bad as yesterday :(

I did feel a moment of heavyness in my chest when I woke up. It scared me I'm still scared then like this big fear that today is the day im going to have a heart attack :(

Dunno can it be a placebo type of effect? started new meds and my heart started with the palps, they were different then my usual palps, But also I didn't think that Zoloft would cause that since its more for your mind, that's why I took the med with out fear. I put my faith in it that it well help out with my depression and anxiety, and instead I got the palps :(

• Its anxiety and see your worry about your symptoms is making it stronger try to take your kind off it and also some deep breathing I had a episode lately an I jus tried to distract myself the more u think about it the more stronger it become.

• I haven't taken Zolotoft but was on Citalopram for 6 years. The 6th year I suddenly developed severe eczema and palpitations in the chest, neck and glands. I came off the tablets as a result but the palpitations are still here which is strange but just thought I would mention it.

You may also like...