Should I try and seek medical advice - Women's Health

Women's Health

29,981 members3,340 posts

Should I try and seek medical advice

GemGem95 profile image

After finishing my period 3 weeks ago I noticed I was having dark brown discharged sometimes watery but sometimes really thick egg white texture brown in colour. Tried to get an appointment with my gp but never can get one. I shouldn’t start my next period till the 12th of this month. I’ve had this happen before last year but thought nothing of it. I noticed this morning (see photo attached). I’m not sexually active at the moment neither on birth control.

3 Replies
wobblybee profile image

This could be ‘old blood’ between periods, or discharge linked to contraceptive pills..if it doesn’t stop, try and get an appointment with your GP

Women can experience spotting between periods while taking birth control pills because it can take time for your body to get adjusted to estrogen and progesterone,the hormones in the pill. This spotting can appear darker in color, with women often reporting it as a brown discharge.21 May 2021 › brown...

Is Brown Discharge Normal on Birth Control Pills?

GemGem95 profile image
GemGem95 in reply to wobblybee

I’m not on any birth control and I’m currently not sexually active, it hasn’t stopped all week.

wobblybee profile image
wobblybeeAdministrator in reply to GemGem95

This was only a suggestion as to why it can happen....You need a proper explanation, and to make sure it isn’t something that needs investigation, make an appointment with your GP.

You may also like...