Seeking a diagnosis: My daughter aged (3... - Women's Health

Women's Health

25,623 members3,030 posts

Seeking a diagnosis


My daughter aged (37 years) has, for the past 18 months and after having anal fissures, been having bloodstained or brown unpleasant smelling copious discharge. After many hospital tests (including at GUM clinic) infections have been ruled out. She has seen gynaecologists (has had several hysteroscopies), urologist and colorectal specialists and after MRI scan a fistula has been ruled out. The specialists say they do not know what is wrong with her. Can anyone recommend any specialists or any clinic that may help anywhere in the UK or even further afield? She has been unable to have a smear test because of the discharge so is concerned about cancer of the uterus.

1 Reply

Gastroenterologists treat anal fissures

You may also like...