Very heavy bleeder help

I'm 46 years old and in July I bleed for a total of14 days very heavy with huge clots I started again on the sixth of August and I'm bleeding to the point I have to wear two pads and a depends under garment it hurts so bad it is the 13th and I'm still bleeding heavy what could be wrong I am notorious for bleeding heavy but this is ridiculous almost every week other week I'm bleeding please help

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you seen your doctor? If so, what did he/she say? Are birth control pills? You might need to set up an appointment to discuss surgery. I did this myself.

• I haven't seen my Dr. Lately do to no insurance and I'm tired of hurting all the time

• Let me PM you. Hang on.

• If clots are bigger than the palm of your hand, see doctor, in fact cause you have pain you should go anyway.

• Have you tried the mirena coil. Go to the Dr's you do not have to suffer like this.

• Hi I'm 48 and I to bleed heavy always have to be fair but lately my periods are coming quicker like every three weeks plus this month an extra one after a smear. Mine to have clots. I have a fibroid have you been checked for this?? Plus I know periods can get heavy a closer then go the other way lighter a less as you get older. Right now is like it all to stop so I feel for you.

• I had periods every other week before I had surgery 3 years ago. They were very heavy back then.