Lack of periods

Hi, I have had 4 periods in 4 years! My last one was nearly a year ago now. I went to the doctor around 2 and a half years ago but they said there's nothing to worry about and come back when I wanted to have children, didn't do any tests or anything! But as I've gotten older I realised that there must be something not write! Me and my partner have been talking about trying for a baby but I'm scared it won't happen! I have excessive body hair, hot flashes, insomnia, mood swings, and feeling very depressed! And weight gain which I just can't shift! I wondered if anyone else has every been through this or any ideas. I'm just really scared to go to the doctors 

2 Replies

• Please go back to your doctor and ask him/her about polycystic ovary syndrome. Your symptoms need investigating, and you shouldn't be fobbed off due to your young age. I wish you well 

• Also, and I hate to have to say this, get your GP to test for premature menopause: the two tests you should have are LH (luteinising hormone) and FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone).

You may also like...