About four years ago, I was diagnosed with severe Vitamin D deficiency after suffering mobility problems for years and a previous diagnoses of fibromyalgia. My gp prescribed 800iu vitamin D3 capsules per day.
I quickly found that I feel better on more Vitamin D than that and have been taking considerably more through the winter months. My last blood test a couple of weeks ago was 110 ( >75 ). I have really been working on raising this level.
I had a phone call from my gp surgery this morning. My doctor has decided that I should no longer take vitamin D3 tablets. I should instead, "enjoy a vitamin D rich diet". I should have received a letter from my doctor informing me of vitamin D rich foods - which I have not received! I will no longer get a prescription for vitamin D3.
I have been a vegetarian for over forty years, which makes it impossible for me to follow a " vitamin D rich diet", which was what caused my problems in the first place.
On stating this, I was told to eat lots of nuts and mushrooms. I really can't stand mushrooms and I can only eat so many nuts! Hence the tablets.
As a hypo sufferer, what should my vitamin D level be? I really don't want to return to my mobility problems of a few years ago. Is it possible to take too much vitamin D?
Thanks for your help.