Thyroid UK
88,793 members103,376 posts

Results question

I made a medication change to naturethroid per my Dr.’s ok. I have been on 3/4 grain naturthroid for approximately 9 weeks. I hadn’t taken my thyroid medication for 24 hours prior to blood draw. I am 100% gluten free. I’m aware I have Hoshimotos as well! Take all necessary supplements per lab results. My antibodies have increased a lot since starting naturethroid. My Dr. recommended increasing naturethroid, although I question that recommendation. My recent results are:

TSH 2.005 (.358-3.74)

Free T4 1.10 (.76-1.46)

Free T3 4.3 (2.2-4.0) HIGH

TPO Ab 452.8 (0-35) HIGH

TG Ab 78 (0-40) HIGH

Thyroglobulin 59.1 (0-55) HIGH

Thyroxine binding globulin 13.8 (14-31) LOW

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hormone-mess,

How much Levothyroxine were you taking prior to switching to NatureThroid?

Hi Clutter! I was on 62.5 mcg of levothyroxine and 7.5 mcg of Cytomel. I felt lethargic and couldn’t lose weight despite a very healthy diet I generally didn’t feel good. My antibodies were slowly decreasing and my t3 was in normal range on that dose before switching over.

Hormone-mess,

Odd to have TSH >2 with FT3 over range. I think you're right not to increase dose.

Are you sure you are taking 3/4 of 1 grain (60 or 65mg) tablet? There is 6.75mcg T3 in 3/4 grain so it is hard to see why your FT3 would have gone over range unless you've had a Hashi flare causing a hormone dump.

I wouldn't reduce dose right now. Have another thyroid test in 6-8 weeks and if FT3 is still over range reduce dose then.

1 like

Thank you so much for your reply! I agree that my results are odd. My TSH has never reflected well what my T3 and T4 levels have shown.

I understand you questioning my dose, but yes I’m on 3/4 grain. It has 28.5 mcg T4 and 6.75 mcg T3.

I feel better in many ways on this dose. Although strangely my temperature is still averaging 97.9 and pulse of 64!? I don’t think I’ve ever been a normal case since diagnosis.

You may also like...