Hello! This is my first post on the board. I was hoping someone could kindly help me interpret my blood results and give me some advice. I am a 30 year old female and had an early miscarriage earlier this year and asked the GP for blood work to establish cause.
My blood results came back as follows;
Serum TSH level 4.6 mu/l
Reference range 0.30- 6.00mu/l
Serum free T4 level 13.9 pmol/L
Reference range 10.00- 22.00 pmol/L
Serum Ferritin 55 ug/L
Reference range 13.00- 150.00ug/L
I was tested again this month by hospital and results are as follows:
Reference range 0.30-6.00
Free T4 14.2
Reference range 10.0-22.0
Interestingly my GP told me when i was tested 10 years ago, my TSH level was 6.3 back then! I had no idea and nothing was done at the time.
My GP reluctantly put me on 25mcg lyvothyroxine a few days ago to reduce my TSH levels to below 3 which is what they like to see when planning a pregnancy. I dont notice lots of sub hypo symptoms- am not overweight but am cold alot, have fuzzy thinking and have a slow heart rate.
My questions are;
- is this low dose likely to decrease my TSH levels to below 3?
- If so, how long will this take?
- should i consider doubling the dose to 50mcg?
- my serum ferritin levels came back within normal range but these appear quite low? What can i do to increase these to optimum levels for planning a pregnancy?
- is there anything else i can do to help lower TSH? And getting free T4 in a better range? Ive heard adopting a gluten free diet may help.
- if i were to get pregnant now before my TSH were at optimum levels, would this place the baby at risk?
Thank you so much in advance for your help i really appreciate any advice you can give me