Thyroid UK
85,934 members100,829 posts

Blood results 8 weeks after increase to 125 levo

Hello everyone,

I have bloods results back today 8 weeks after increasing eltroxin from 100 to 125, they are as follows,

Tsh 1.35(.35 - 4.94)

Ft415(8-22)

Ft33.44(2.63-5.69)

Ferritin 60(11-307)

B12 496(120-650)

Folate 15(3.1-19.9)

My question is this I am feeling better somewhat in last few weeks, but legs still weak and hot on exertion, still lightheaded, and sleep is all over the place. Should I increase Levo again or take iron to bring up ferritin from 66?

I have appointment with a new highly recommended endo in October, want to discuss t3 as I am 8 months post tt and feel I should be better.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I think ferritin is still low and will make you feel tired. Ask your Endo what is ideal range when you visit. You could ask your Endo about getting a blood test after supplementing to keep an eye on it.

Thank you will start iron and check in Oct

You do actually need an increase in levo. Your TSH is still a bit high, your FT4 only just mid-range, and your FT3 not even mid-range. Could have something to do with your fatigue.

Thank you going to increase to 150 tomorrow. So ft4 should be about 20 and ft4 at 5?

Thank you going to increase to 150 levo, should I aim for ft4 of 20 and ft3 5?

You should aim for the level that makes you feel well. That's the point of thyroid hormone replacement - keep increasing until symptoms are gone. But, the higher your levels, the smaller your increases should be.

Thank you greygoose I value your opinion, I want to be proactive with this. Do you think ferritin of 60 is too low?

Yes, I do. It should be about mid-range.

1 like

You may also like...