Thyroid UK
89,088 members103,627 posts

up date

hello again , ok Had a go at the doctor about not hearing me and what I was saying to him ,

He still saying that I'm not right about the B12 but he has put me in for more tests but can not work out what this is for , Can you help ??

Serum sodium level (XE2q0) 139 mmol/L [133.0-146.0]

Serum potassium level [XE2pz] 4.5mmol/L[3.5-5.3]

Serum creatinine level [XE2q5] 72umol/L [50.0-98.0]

eGFR using creatinine [CKD-EPI per 1.73 sq 88ml/min/1.73m^2

Serum cortisol level [XE2xW] 248 nmol/L

I can not work this out but the doctor said he is ref back to the hospital again to see what they say this time . I have sent them my bloods as doctor didn't

Nicky

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Nicky-nicky159,

Sodium and potassium are electrolytes. They're both within range.

creatinine is a measure kidney function. 72 is within range.

eGFR is the best measure of kidney function but I don't understand the way your result is expressed. eGFR >90 indicates good function. 60-90 indicates some kidney disease or disfunction and 30-60 indicates disease.

kidney.org/atoz/content/wha...

There is no range to indicate whether cortisol is high, low or middling.

He said that my serum sodium levels are broad line ?? What I don't understand is that he not happy with that but he said my B12 ok ??? This is doing my head right in , he has said for me to went to what the hospital say now

Nicky-nicky159,

Did he say borderline? Can't see why he's worried because they're mid range.

What is your B12 result and range?

B12 127. (140.00-724.00)

Nicky-nicky159,

That is deficient. Your GP should be checking whether you have pernicious anaemia and initiating B12 injections to restore B2 levels. Go to healthunlocked.com/pasoc and they'll be able to advise which guidelines to show your GP.

1 like

The doctor said that he hope the hospital will take me now but if not I'm ready go private , I have ask about B12 injections he said I do not need them ??? time will tell

Nicky-nicky159,

Your GP is wrong about the injections. Pernicious anaemia forum are the experts on B12deficiency. I linked to them above.

I know , so going to private doctors now to see what they say ( Monday ) I just hope they help .

You may also like...