?? Thyriod issues

So i am recovering form Cancer and obviously i haven't had enough to contend with with going through the menopause in my 40's i may now have thyroid issues! to be honest i feel shocking and have no motivation and i hurt which has been put down to the menopause! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that i know but now have to wait 2 weeks to see a GP! Just wanting some guidance as to what to ask and should i be asking for another blood test? What should i be asking them to check as T3 and T4 has been mentioned in many other articles. Thanks.


Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

  • KarenCain,

    If it was a hospital test which indicates you are hypothyroid the results and ranges may have been sent to your GP. If not, your GP should order a thyroid function test. Most TFT includes TSH and FT4 but some practices will only order TSH. FT3 is very rarely tested in primary practice.

    You can order private thyroid tests via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin... I recommend TSH, FT4, FT3, thyroid peroxidase antibodies, thyroglobulin antibodies. More comprehensive profiles include vitamins and minerals too ie ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate too. Musculoskeletal pain is often due to low vits and minerals.

  • which cancer ?

    are you taking at least 5000 mg Vit C a day in split doses

    are you taking vit B compoiund and vit b12

    are you taking ferrous fumerate

    all are trashed in bith cancer and hypothyroid

You may also like...