Help with recent results

Good morning all.

I was wondering if you could help me understand  these results. I only got diagnosed  in February  this year as been underactive  so I don't really understand things yet. I ask my gp to do thyroid  test including t3 and vitamin  deficiency  but this is all he would do. I asked for print out and this is what I got. 

T4dose select from , 

Serum tsh level on T4 0.73 mu/l 0.35 - 4.94mu/l 

I am taking 100 of thyroxin  daily but still keep getting flare ups. Been to doctors every week telling him how I'll I feel but he doesn't take it seriously. 

Would be grateful for some advice.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Pans1,

TSH 0.73 indicates 100mcg is sufficient dose and it assumes that FT4 and FT3 are adequate.  Symptoms can lag behind good biochemistry by a couple of months so you may have improvement to come.  If you aren't feeling better in a couple of months it may be worth ordering a private thyroid test to check FT4, FT3 and antibodies from Blue Horizon or Genova via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin...

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

You may also like...