Recommendations for books/websites about Hashimotos

I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos and am trying to find out as much information as possible.

I have recently bought a book "The Root Cause' which I am working my way through, but am finding it a bit daunting as it seems to suggest gluten free diet, dairy free diet, egg free diet, low iodine, no sugar, no vegetable oil, high omega 3 etc etc!!!

I have also ordered 'The Idiots Guide to Thyroid' and 'Hashimotos Cookbook'.

Does anybody have any other recommendations of good books/websites that I should read?

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • jillycee,

There is loads of links on right hand side of page.

hashimotoshealing.com

Weston A Price is an informative website in itself and here it is recommending a good book by Datis Kharrazian

westonaprice.org/book-revie...

Chris Kresser

chriskresser.com/basics-of-...

Flower

• Thank you for the info, I will take a look.

• This is also another book which some members have recommended too. It is by a pharmacist who also has Hashimotos:-

hypothyroidmom.com/hashimot...

This is link for book.

tinyurl.com/osdv7jb

• Excellent thank you, I will take a look at the link

• My favourite is Hope for Hashimoto's by Alexander Haskell. I think everyone has to find what works for them, but I've followed his guidance for 3 years now and am mostly pretty well. He also has a series of videos on his website - of the same name - and they are good at explaining the condition.

• Thank you for the info, I will take a look :)

• Thank you Pink_Bear.

This is someone I have not heard of.

Flower

• These videos are inspiring. I'm half way through the set. Thanks for sharing!

• Hi Jillycee, and be cheered, I am vegan (so meat, fish, egg and dairy free) and am just becoming gluten free which I thought I'd be completely unable to do. It's been remarkably easy and now I never miss bread at all, nor any other wheat product. I do have oats but am weaning myself off them as well and I'm enjoying my food and feeling much better.

You will still be able to have things like meat, delicious bacon!, lard etc, if I can do it, I'm sure you can, and the body quickly seems to stop wanting those foods - perhaps it knows?

You may also like...