Can the experts interpret these results please....again

Hi all - hope the experts can give me some advice on these results please. I am taking 75mcg of Levothyroxine and 40mcg of Liothyronine. I didn't take my Levo before blood test but had taken my Liothyronine - don't ask :(

FT3 14.7 (3.5-6.5)

TSH 0.02 (0.35-5.50)

T4 6.6 (7-17)

Last tests July 2014 were:

FT3 3.9

TSH 0.01

T4 10

My GP is concerned about these results and is going to liaise with an Endocronologist - who no doubt will want to stop the Liothyronine which incidentally has increased a further £34 for 28 - now cost £152.18!!

Thank you in advance

Terri

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Terri, Although taking T3 before your blood draw will show peak levels of the T3 your FT3 is considerably over range and 40mcg is probably too high a dose. No reason to cut your T3 though, just reduce it to 20mcg and retest in 6 weeks.

• Thank you once again Clutter - I'll cut down to 20mcg and see what results are then. Sorry I mislead you re cost - I get it on an NHS prescription so no charge, the pharmacy informed me about the increase in price.

Thanks again.

T

• Terri, the NHS cost is ridiculous when it is so cheap in other countries. I've edited my previous post to remove the last sentence.

• :)

You may also like...