latest results, do they look ''fine' to those of you with more knowledge/experience?

my endo has signed me off, says I can see the doctor from now on for 3 monthly reviews, says I am not hypothyroid, my levels are "fine"but keeping me on 25mg of levothyroxine a day because of the TED, she cannot explain the lethargy/exhaustion but says it's nothing to do with my thyroid, and thinks maybe its the immunosuppressants?

TSH 1.93 mU/L 0.35 - 3.5

FT4 14 pmol/L 8 - 21

FT3 5.4 pmol/L 3.8 - 6.0

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That sounds very odd to me. TED is usually associated with hyperthyroidism, but you have the symptoms and blood test results of someone with hypothyroidism (slightly undermedicated). Do you have a thyroid?

• Hi Eeng, thanks for your reply, yesI have a thyroid. I had TED before anything else thyroid related (though imho I think I've been hyper for years until about 3 years ago then it changed to hypo) docs been testing thyroid for last 3 years and always said my levels were fine, then last April I had positive anti-bodies, doctor did nothing, 3 months later I get TED; I am, according to my endo euthyroid but she put me on 25mg levothyroxine 4 months ago "becasue of your eyes" and said last week to continue this, yet .... 3 weeks ago my doctor said I was still under medicated and today saw my consultant for TED and he said to double the levothyroxine!

• oh and TED consultant said today my eyeball protrusion is now officially stable at 2mm, can now wean off the imunosuppressents :)

• Hello Catalonia!

A little off piste I know, but why the name Catalonia?

Are you Catalana tambe`? ;0)

I am not versed enough to be able to answer your question, however, since going gluten/wheat free, my exhaustion levels seem to have improved. I have also experienced other improvements - back pain issues have gone!

My own personal profile is Hashimoto's with Adrenal fatigue and possibly Pituitary issues that are currently being investigated. I also have very low Vit D, for which I am taking VitD3 by Lamberts - 4,000iu's per day. My iron levels also tested very low at 11, so I am now on Ferrous Fumerate (2 tablets a day..and 3 if my body can cope with it).

Somebody who is very knowledgeable is 'Clutter', you could always try and ask her!

Good luck with your findings.

Fins aviat!

;0)

• Hi poppy, its just because I spent some time in Spain and loved the Catalan area and people etc

You may also like...