Another of those questions you probably see all the time. Do I have IBS? Well, a short history here; I have gone through a colonoscopy and an endoscopy, biopsies taken, to which they came back fine. Never actually diagnosed me with IBS, but said possible slight IB in bouts if symptoms I described came back.
So, I've listed the symptoms of IBS and how they relate to me. Please take the time to read as it would really help me. I am a worrier and I think I'm worrying over nothing, and anxiety can cause a lot of digestive problems, and I am almost always nervous and I worry 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. I only seem to feel naff when I am also worrying or getting nervous.
- abdominal pain and cramping - often relieved by emptying your bowels; personally, I don't get pain, or cramping. I shall be completely honest and comment that I do not know what cramping is! I can't say I've ever experienced it. Emptying my bowels doesn't make me feel any different, although sometimes I can feel nervous after I've gone, in case something happens (anxiety).
- a change in your bowel habits - such as diarrhoea, constipation, or sometimes both - I don't get diarrhoea or constipation (sometimes I can't go for a day but then I'm fine. I saw constipation is 3 days plus.
- bloating and swelling of your abdomen - I can get bloated rarely, I mean I can get wind, but everyone does, I don't feel like my stomach is an inflated balloon about to pop, and no swelling of the abdomen (i'd notice too, as I am thin).
- excessive wind (flatulence) - I can get wind, but not excessive; every few minutes excessive is no. About once every couple hours, depends on what I've been eating!
- an urgent need to go to the toilet - urgent, this word.... I can get the need to go, sometimes multiple times in the day, but urgent? Only rarely do I feel I have to go otherwise I am going to soil there 'n' then, and that was after a day of travelling from Devon to the Birmingham - travelers diarrhea.
- a feeling that you need to open your bowels even if you have just been to the toilet - I don't feel as though after I've gone, I feel the same as before I went. I can tell I've done something, usually the feeling I get after is that I can do with going again, but it's wind; I don't want to take the risk.
- a feeling you have not fully emptied your bowels - Sometimes I can go and not feel I've done enough, but I'm not on the crapper within minutes. It's a bowel movement before bed usually if I need to go again.
- passing mucus from your back passage (bottom) - I can have mucus when I clean, but, I am also swallowing a lot of mucus from my throat (still from the flu), but that has reduced recently and stool are now a brown colour, as usual, but cleaning is also now brown rather than yellowy green mucus.
Thanks, let me know your thoughts. They will help me a bunch!