IBS Network
25,445 members8,548 posts

Picolax tips?

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has taken Picolax before? It's used for bowel prep for colonoscopies but I have to take it as I have an impacted bowel. Does anyone know how long the effects of one sachet takes? Thanks.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Has anyone bought Picolax from chemist or is it prescription only

I think it's prescription only

Thanks got colonoscopy an hate Movicol

Hi, yes I have taken picolax before you just follow the directions on packet after you have taken it, it takes within an hour to start working as everything in your bowel turns to liquid (watery) make sure you're close to a toilet regardless of your condition (impacted bowel) it should still work for you give it a try only if the doctor says if it's ok to do so. So make sure you see your doctor.

I say this because I don't know if you're on any medications that is why I say see your doctor first. Picolax works wonders not that I've had bowel impact although in the past I've had close to a bowel impact though once in awhile I do get these problems. So best of luck to you let us know how it all goes for you.

also one more thing with picolax after you have taken it drink plenty of water.

Thanks. I had a few litres over the last few hours!

splendid!

Thanks very much. I had a good clear out last night and I think I'm over the worst if it now. I have a colonoscopy coming up in a few months and I'll gave to take it again then! I'm worried that I'll still be needing to go to the toilet on the way to the hospital because the picolax has taken so long to wear off!

oh wow! I'm so glad to hear that picolax worked for you once picolax done it's job you shouldn't get any aftereffects of wanting to go to the toilet again although it's still good to be wise in case. hope you're feeling better!

maybe because of the impacted bowel for how long you have had this which could be the reason that the picolax is still doing it's job. should start to wear off. hope you're feeling better.

You may also like...