Food allergy testing

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had tried food allergy testing? There appears to be a couple of different types and although a nutritionalist I saw was not keen on them I am investigating them. I am gluten free and a vegetarian and I have a fight every day with some aspect of my ibs. I can not identify a trigger as it never seems to go and eliminating items and reintroducing them is quite hard when I have such a limited diet to start with. I was wondering if anyone has tried the allergy testing and if it worked for them? Thanks

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. I have been keeping a food diary & I know that if I stop eating wheat I feel much better. I have done the first stage of the York test & it has come back positive (no surprise there) but to do the next stage is nearly £300.

I know the obvious thing is to carry on cutting out wheat but I think there is more to it than that & I don't want to start cutting out too much unnecessarily. GP says there is no such thing as a wheat test. I don't mind paying if it's a real test & I'm not being conned.

There is quite a bit on the internet for both sides of the argument. Any thoughts anyone? Thank you.

• Hi

Please see this page from the Self Care plan theibsnetwork.org/the-self-...

Kind regards

The IBS Network

• Thank you, I'll have a look.

You may also like...