Quit Support
10,009 members • 16,955 posts

Want, want want!

Want, want want!

Old Mr Nic is really on my back today! 2 days of my holiday left 😎, back to work on Thursday 😫😫. Think, think 💭 distract yourself, You will not win Mr Nic!!! I know, spring clean house 🏡. Top to bottom, wash curtains, get all that old smoke 💨 smell banished.

So, here I am, 4 hours later with just the kitchen to do. I'm having a break sat in the garden with a frothy coffee ☕️ (anyone under 30 won't know what the hell I'm talking about, frothy coffee??? Lol) and still wanting a cig..... so I thought 💭 I'd post my woes here instead.

I Will Not Give In.....

Hey Ho! Kitchen needs scrubbing 🚭😫😆🚭😫😆🚭

19 Replies
oldest • newest

Hi Karen

Not that I can talk after yesterday...

But go put some music on loud if poss dance to it sing as well,

I was chatting to frostie this morning.... when it's bad for anything.... go to the loo swear into it and I mean real swear naughty words... then flush them anyway with the cravings...

Say sod it and go for a walk...

Have enough coffee

Anything...xxxx

2 likes

Thanks Hezzie

Currently got absolute 70's on the radio 📻 prancing about to the likes of Ballroom Blitz and Boogie Wonderland lol. Trust me, watching me dance isn't for the faint hearted lol

Right.... back to the cleaning xx

3 likes

Hi karen, you certainly are giving old nick a run for his money. Should say your money.

Your doing great.

What a spotless house ☺☺🏠👍

1 like

Thank you jilly, coffe stop time 😆

1 like

Karen,

I have come up with an idea..... we could swap houses so you could spring clean mine...now you have done yours.....lol

How you doing this afternoon I am still doing ironing just having a coffee break

X

1 like

Ps...listening to Cher....

O yer...

1 like

Just got the cooker to demuck! My hubby does most of the cooking but conveniently forgets to clean the cooker after, lol. Coffe then back to it. Xx

1 like

Mmm... I cook and still clean the oven.... mmm....going wrong somewhere...lol

Just finished coffee, made it last for 20 mins... must go do ironing..😔😔😝😝

1 like

Hi Karen - I love a frothy coffee! I remember them mainly from my teenage years when there were lots of cafes in my town run by either Italian or Greek people. Ha - the sound of that milk steamer!

Try the deep breathing exercise under pinned posts - i was skeptical, but do you know what? It really does work. Just focus on yourself rather than the cleaning for a moment.

jax :) x

2 likes

Born and bred London....coffe house on every corner since the 60's. Whn I first mentioned frothy coffee to hubby ( northern lad) all I got was a blank look lol

1 like

I don't remember frothy coffee but good old milky coffee, no arty farty coffee when I grew up like there is now,just milk in a pan then into a mug with coffee👍🏽.

Hope you've finished all the cleaning now Karen!.xx

Cleaning update...... everywhere is sparkling ✨💫✨.

Frothy coffee was milky coffee but the milk had been heated with a loud ear popping steamer 😮. It was marvellous 😋 xxxxx

1 like

I bet you're a northerner like my hubby, he said a very similar thing. We live 'up north' now so I'll check with my work mates on the coffee issue 😆👍

Born in Chelmsford, raised in Surrey. Hot footed to London as soon as I was old enough. Met a Geordie, moved to Newcastle!. I drink arty farty coffee now, it's everywhere😬.

Give me a good tea room and I'm happy. I live in ' the B'ro' now for my sins lol

How you doing this evening Karen

Xx

A lot better thanks, I think I've worn myself out lol. Gonna chill on the sofa and watch The Matrix... yummy Keano Reaves......... xx

1 like

Fair play

Have a lovely evening

Xx

You too xx

1 like

You may also like...