I said I'd post an article on progress, changes and positives that have happened because of ya'll and this great forum!
1. I joined an exercise class. Granted, it is a slow, fairly easy 'beginners' class, but that is probably just what I need right now.
2. I've started walking.
3. I will join something else, and many more, as I can't smoke there! Free art classes...anything!
4. Started breathing from diaphragm, and doing the 'pursed lip' breathing.
5. I sleep all night, soundly.
6. I washed a wall, did dishes, and started moving 1/2 hr. after getting up!
7. Eating better, to be ready for not smoking. changing diet now, ahead of time!
8. Quit sugar... probably 99%. It started out being dropped by 1/4, then 1/2 now, 99% off sugar.
9. Quit bread and potatoes.
10. Have made new social friends that I care about!!
11. Feel like I matter, to some, anyway.
12. Starting now, I will keep a daily log. Later, I can refer back to it, so that one, I never smoke again, and two, to help others.
13. I believe I can actually start a quit center here, once I get a year, that will make a difference in somebody's life.
14. I'm smiling. this is serious business, but with others, with this group, it is possible to succeed!
15. I may start a class teaching cake decorating again!