Hello all and Thankyou for all the wonderful posts full of advice for caring with adults with psp.
I would like your ideas on how to help my father in law who was diagnosed with psp about 3 years ago & is now struggling with excessive saliva & problems swallowing especially liquids. He had been on hyoscine patches since a stay in hospital in October which had reduced the saliva. However the local Parkinson's nurse advised my mother in law not to use them as nasty side effects. My father in law stopped 3 days ago & is now having severe problems swallowing any liquids & some foods. Has anyone found that the excessive saliva makes the brain not register liquids? Should he go back to the patches. Any advice on how to get liquid into him more easily.
Any advice greatly appreciated as we are desperate to keep him out of hospital as previously he was put on a drip which made him miserable. Many thanks.