PSP Association
5,424 members7,452 posts

Lost the Battle

We finally lost the battle with PSP. My mum passed away peacefully over the weekend. She passed away in the afternoon and according to Islamic practice was buried later that evening.

Mum was in a lot of pain and discomfort. We're grateful that her final moments were peaceful.

I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for all the support and advice over the last two years. I will be stepping away from the forum as I need to get away from PSP as it is too painful. I wish all of you the best with your loved ones, don't give up, carry on fighting for your loved ones.

40 Replies
oldestnewest

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Ruth x

Thank you

I wish you and your family the comfort of your loving memories. Be well. Love and Peace, Sarah

Thank you

I am so sorry, may your Mum rest in peace, finally free from this evil disease.

Lots of love

Anne

1 like

Thank you

I offer my condolences for your loss, and now your mother is at peace. In that, one must be grateful. Christine

Absolutely. Thank you

Sorry for the loss of your Mum but glad that it is all over. For her and for you. Now time to grieve her loss and remember the happy times you had?

Hugs.

Marie x

Thank you

I'm sorry for your loss. Peace to you and your family.

LynnO

Thank you

Condolences on your loss.

love, Jean xx

I am sorry for your loss and support you in anyway that you need to go ie away from this site and PSP! You know you are always welcome back. Infact, please tell us in a few months how you are getting along.....I do pray that your new journey will be filled with happy memories and wonderful new experiences. You have been a good friend here on this site and I will miss you.Thank you for all of your insight ...

talsadiqayn yabkuna, walrab yasmieuhum. 'anah yusalim lahum min kuli mashakilihimhem Psalm 34:17

May you Do Well,

Andrea

4 likes

Thank you Andrea. I can never forget the wonderful people on this forum including yourself. They've been there when I've lost all hope. It's just too painful to read posts from people who are the beginning of this journey because I know what the ending is. All the best to you, you have a lot of courage to still be here. It takes a special person xx

1 like

I totally understand...Everyone in their own way...

((HUGS))

:)

I’m so so very sorry, bless your Mum, May she now be at peace x

1 like

Thanks Amanda. All the best with your Dad xx

1 like

So very sorry for your loss! Your mum is now at peace.

Time now for you to hug your family and grieve for her, and be happy that her battle I'd finally over.

May you all find Peace.

Hugs

Jen xxx

1 like

Thank you

You and your family have my deepest condolences.

Ron

Thank you

Sorry for your loss, your mum is now free from this cruel disease. I understand you wanting to free yourself from PSP but maybe some time in the future you may come back to us just to let us know how you are getting on. Best wishes, Nanny857xx

Thank you. I'll definitely try to come back to the forum when everything has settled down a bit.

1 like

Dear Afshan; May your Mum be received into the light. May you feel the release of these painful years, and find new strength and joy in life. Please come back one day and let us know how you are.

Best wishes xxx

Anne G.

1 like

Thank Anne. It's been a long and arduous journey. I know mum is now free from PSP and so are we. All the best xx

2 likes

Sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

Thank you

So sorry to hear about your Mum. Love, Mary B

Thank you

am2015

I'm so sorry for your loss and so pleased her last moments were peaceful.

I wish you and yours the best of what might come to you in the future.

Warmly

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, you've helped so much over the years. All the best with Liz.

1 like

I’m sorry for your loss!!

May she Rest In Peace!!

1 like

Thank you

1 like

Please take care and know we are thinking of you. I'm glad she had some peace at the end of this horrendous disease. Let us know how things are going.

Cuttercat

I hope to in time. Thank you.

1 like

Thinking of you all at this sad time, at least she is away from the horrible illness. Take time to grieve at your own pace. Big hugs. Yvonne xxxx

1 like

Thank you

1 like

So sorry for your loss, be well, be strong and stay positive for the future

1 like

So sorry for your loss ❤️

You may also like...