PSP Association
5,568 members7,585 posts

Missing Him!

I finally had my husbands Memorial Service last Sunday. He passed on November 25th. Christmas Day will be one month and I still feel like I'm in shock, I keep thinking he's coming home from Hospice! I'm trying to stay strong but out of nowhere I'll break down and start crying! I feel for everyone on this site, it's a long hard road and takes a piece of your heart!

I had my yearly mammogram done earlier this month and got recalled for a repeat and ultrasound, and first opening is the 17th of January. I don't know how I'm going to get through all of this.

Sorry for rambling, just needed someone to talk to that understands!

God Bless you ALL!

Rose 🌹

9 Replies
oldestnewest

To say I know how you feel is an under statement. My hubby passed on 14 December and just like you tears come from nowhere. I know it is early days and the grieving process is a long one but we who have lost loved ones to This vile illness must show how brave and strong we are. I am dreading his funeral in early January as I know the tears will freely flow. I am consoling myself with the fact that he suffers no more and was and still is very much loved by his family. I wish you luck for the 17 th January. Jxx

Thinking of you both at this very sad time, sending you a big hug xxxx

1 like

Thankyou x I love your hugs jxx

1 like

Thanks Yvonneandgeorge, I'll take all the hugs I can get right now!

Thanks Zeberdee, I just had another melt down and came out of nowhere again! I keep thinking if I'd only done more or done something differently he'd still be here. Oh why does my heart ache so? Good luck at the funeral, it was a hard time but I got through it. I'm sending you a hug and sharing my tears with you.

1 like

I'm in same place, Rose. Chris died October.

We will all survive !! Big hug from Jean xx

1 like

Hi doglington, I sure hope I can survive this! It sure has ripped my heart apart! Thanks for the hug and sending you one back!

I think that the recommendation of Heady (Anne) can be useful:

Never forget to get plenty of rest, ask for help and most of all "ditch the guilt!"

A big hug.

Luis

1 like

Thank you for the big hug!

You may also like...