I have been doing the very slow reduction and, unfortunately have also developed OA in my right knee and possibly also in the left. Despite the knee pain, I have felt that the PMR has been well controlled and not featuring much at all (for a change). About 4 weeks ago, a sebaceous cyst on my shoulder became infected. I have now had 2 rounds of antibiotics and it is still there and looking very angry and sore. I will be seeing my GP on Friday, but in the last 2 days the PMR symptoms have been returning- groin and upper leg pain and weakness, shoulders and neck sore, and the knees seem worse too. I had already decided last week to stay on the current Pred. dose of 11mgs. but should I go up to say 15 for a few days to see if I can get the PMR under control? I had a blood test 2 weeks before the infection and both ESR and CRP were quite elevated which I thought might be the infection. I had another blood test last week but haven't got the results yet.