Pelvic Floor / Nerve / Too tight musc... - Pelvic Pain Suppo...

Pelvic Pain Support Network

15,794 members4,791 posts

Pelvic Floor / Nerve / Too tight muscles

madmike91 profile image

Hi Everyone,

This is a cry for help and call for attention as I desperately need help rectifying this,

I’ve seen doctors/pelvic floor specialists/and pudendal neuralgia/had an MRI

which returned as negative but maybe i need to have another one.

Nothing seems to help so please don’t give me the traditional run around, I've tried all methods to try to relax the muscles down there. I’ve tried Epsom salt baths, self massaging internally in my anus, external massage they all seem to make the problem worse.

This is the first time speaking anonymously in a forum about my issues and I’ve been holding back for years.

I’ve become depressed and most of my time I’m anxious due to when I was 17 years old I’ve been clenching the left side of my anus (one of the muscles, nerves) and now I’m 23 I can’t get an erection. The muscles over time have caused my erections to stop. The nerves have either been damaged, or ligaments and muscles are causing sexual pain/discomfort/lack of erections.

I desperately need help or methods and i’ve many times thought of self-harming or suicidal thoughts but never would I carry out those actions unless severe

Its not necessarily the pain but the lack of sexual desire due to not getting erections anymore AT ALL even when watching stimuli

Kind regards,

14 Replies

Although I am female there is a condition i have called type 4 disservice a condition of the sphincter .muscle in the rectum. Due to pelvic floor spasms. There is a special test called and a anal manometry that to took that helped determine the source of my constant anal pain. Ask you doctor about this test.

Indigo1 profile image
Indigo1 in reply to Indigo1

Type 4 dysenergia

Lexi1221 profile image
Lexi1221 in reply to Indigo1

Hi, if you take this test and you have it, is there something that can help this?

Where are you based, there is a very good men's pelvic physio in Birmingham.

Gemini71 profile image
Gemini71 in reply to janeneil

Are you referring to Gerard Green in Harborne.?

janeneil profile image
janeneil in reply to Gemini71


Gemini71 profile image
Gemini71 in reply to janeneil

I agree,they are a very good recommendation.

Do you have issues with constipation and straining? That can be a major contributor to PN. Also, if you are on an antidepressant, that can have an impact on libido, erections and achieving orgasm. Just some thoughts.


Have you tried your local pain clinic? I have piriformis muscle steroid injections twice a year. The piriformis muscles, if in spasm, press on the sciatic nerve and its branches (pudendal nerve). The injections reduce the spasm and the pain, last for 3-4 months. In between i see a chiropractor for manipulation of the tight muscles. It took me several years and many doctors before i got the diagnosis of piriformis spasm confirmed. Some doctors didnt know, one didnt believe in it. You just have to to keep going. Tens machine helps.

hill-top profile image
hill-top in reply to doctorjudi

How did u finally get the diagnosis?

doctorjudi profile image
doctorjudi in reply to hill-top

I was a gp, now retired, got a lot of info from internet, asked my gp for private referrals (they can't fob you off if you want a private referral.) Went through General Medicine, Colorectal, Urogyn, Orthopeadic surg, Pain clinic and a second pain clinic with my info, crossing off all the diagnostic tests until the last clinic doctor agreed with me. Took a long time but be a pest and don't give up! It's your body, you know when something is wrong . Unfortunately where I live no one does PN blocks and I can't travel because that makes all the pelvic nerves flare up. Also I got some relief from steroid and local anaesthetic suppositories.

Okay I want you to bear with me on this. Two things to follow. The first you can ask to see Dr Cregg in London ucla pain hospital. They can do injections into the pelvic floor muscles. Secondly I have been like you (albeit I’m a woman ) for eight years and I believe I have realised what it’s all about. Candidiasis of the blood stream. Do you eat a lot of yeasts and white carbs and sugar? If so just look it up. I am now taking fivelac a Japanese probiotic which you build up in your system. It drives and kills the yeast that causes all the pain etc out. I had a light bulb moment when I went through three surgeries with no improvement. I am going to write a book about it when I’m well because I know now what has caused this hell. Doctors won’t listen to you but just you look into it. Good luck.

Okay just copied this from the internet. See if anything resonates.

How does thrush affect men?

Last reviewedFri 16 Nov 2018

Thrush is a fungal infection caused by Candida yeasts, and especially Candida albicans. It often affects women, but it can occur in men, too.

Other names for thrush include yeast infection, Candida, candidiasis, candidal balanitis, and formerly, moniliasis.

When thrush occurs in males, it can affect the head of the penis and the foreskin. It can lead to inflammation of the head of the penis, known as balanitis.

Oral thrush affects the mucous membranes, for example, of the mouth.

Fast facts on thrush in men

Here are some key points about male candidiasis. More detail is in the main article.

Candida normally lives on the skin and mucous membranes, but if too much grows, it can cause symptoms.

Symptoms include an itchy rash, red skin, swelling, irritation, and itching around the head of the penis, lumpy discharge under the foreskin, or pain when urinating and during sex.

Risk factors include the use of antibiotics or corticosteroids, immunosuppression, diabetes, poor hygiene, and using too many cleansing products.

Genital candidiasis is not considered a sexually transmitted infection (STI), but transmission can occur during vaginal intercourse.

Oral or local antifungal treatments can be used to treat candidiasis.

Good hygiene practices can help prevent it.

Hope it helps.

I've dealt with frequent urination and pain for 20 plus years. I think I may have finally found the cause -- vegetable gums such as guar, xantham, carrageenan, etc. that is in almost all of the "healthy" food that I started eating 20 years ago due to lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity. I've just come across articles that say that such gums may inflame the prostate and cause problems. I've eliminated them as much as possible and focused on eating real, "whole" foods and that has made a big difference. I really encourage you to try that and not give up finding a solution.

You may also like...