Pedundal neuralgia

Female suffering from pedundal neuralgia for almost a year and a half now. Finally at Loyola's Chicago pelvic pain clinic we're at least they seem to have knowledge and maybe a plan. But really just keep piling on more meds that seem to give me very little relief, but a lot of side effects; fogginess, weight gain, fatigue. Gaba, lyrica, elavil, Valium. I take 1000-20000 mgs of ibuprofen a day for almost a year now. Even the narcotics I borrow from friends don't really touch the worst of it. I can barely do my very physical and stressful job. I don't see my friends. I don't exercise anymore. I don't have sex. My only child is away at college thank goodness. I don't get out of bed except to go to the job I can't lose

3 Replies

• Had surgery 5 Months ago here in England based on method of M. Robert of Nante in France.  Recuperation is a long process but in my case seems to have been effective.  Not a total cure or a magic bullet but not the nerve is no longer trapped it must repair itself and that can jangle sometimes.  My medication is now minimal.

I am male an my problem was caused by a trauma. 

Medication just fogged my brain. I was unable to compose poetry while drugged up but now my muse has returned occasionally.  Too many meds really can zomby the brain. 

• I can completely relate to your post. I too, have no life anymore because of this horrible condition, and absolutely can not lose my job or I will be homeless. It is a lot of stress and burden to carry when we are supposed to be reducing stress for this condition. People say get a different job with less hours and stress. Easy to say when you don't have mounting debt that has to be paid and barely make enough money now to pay it all. 

• Please read my prior posts on Pudendal Inter-Stim surgery for pudendal neuralgia if you haven't yet. It has been almost one year since my surgery and I would say I am 50-75% better. It isn't a cure, but my pain is better managed because of it along with limiting sitting. If you have questions, I would be happy to try and help. Dr Kevin Benson in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is my doctor. Best wishes in your current treatment.

You may also like...