Is it safe to take Antihistamines and anti Travel sickness Tabs

Hi everyone, . I was diagnosed with P B C in June last year after having abnormal blood tests for almost three years. I am going on Holiday to Thailand for Easter, and I am allergic to Mosquito Bites, will be taking all the usual precautions to combat the Bites , but was thinking of taking some Piriton with me as a precaution, also some Travel sickness Tablets as it's such a long flight. Does anyone know if this is ok.

Thanks Jenny

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I really hope so,I take bynadryl when the itchiness gets unbearable,my Dr knows says its ok!!

• Hi there jennyhall06 my liver consultant told me to take piriton whenever I get itchy but maybe it depends on how much liver damage you have x

• I'm prescribed Loratadine for hay fever as GP said this would be OK with Ursodeoxycholic acid. X

• I take Xyzal as an antihistamine. Im pretty sure the travel sickness pills we have say dont take with antihistaimne. I would go and ask your your pharacist for some advice on this. You can always not take the antihistamine the day you travel?

• Thanks everyone for your feedback, did ask the Pharmacist but was told to consult my G P,

Just didn't wan't to bother him Thanks again for your input it has been really helpful. Jennyx

• Hi Jenny

I am in South Africa from the UK at the moment and have taken both - no probs with me x

• Thanks Shirley that's really helpful, I will get both before I travel next week,

Thanks again Jenny xxx

• TRy this, it's EXELENT, I'm using for ten years. The best thing for all my family, no side effects: boiron.ca/products/other-pr...

You may also like...