B12 and B complex

I was a bit low on B12 and have been taking b12 sublingual methyabalalamin 100 plus Jarrow B s

I did fine and lost the feeling of numbness I had in my feet and hands.( I had just like socks and gloves on.)

Now about 5 months on if I take the Jarrow b complex with the b12. I get a very fast heart beat and feel very hot for about 1 hr

I have continued the b12 on its own but wonder if there is any thoughts about what I could do the balance the b12 vitamins

Thanks in advance

I have no thyroid ,which is why I'm here, . Normally on that forum

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The Jarrows B-Right has ridiculously huge amounts of the B-Vitamins. Swap it for something that has much less, 100% of the RDA should suffice. You may want to add 400 ug of folic acid as well.

• Here is what Jarrows say -

This product contains vitamin B3 (niacin), which may cause a "niacin flush," especially when taken on an empty stomach. Symptoms are transient - typically lasting for approximately one-half hour - and may include burning, tingling, and itching sensations along with reddening of the skin. In some cases, dizziness and/or shortness of breath may occur.

• Do you know your serum Folate level?

• It was 411 in about June time.

Certainly have now lost pins and needles in feet and hands that happened on occasions. Mostly if I relaxed and at night, waking me in the night .

Don't know current reading, can I overdose ?

• Got that wrong, folate at same time in June was

10.81. Range. 10.4 - 42.4

Taking supplements gentle iron and vit c

Not sure what it is now

• You can't overdose on B12 - are other B vitamins that you can overdose on.

would go with fbirder 's suggestion and try supplementing some folic acid

• Hi @Gcart - Up until a couple of months ago I had also started taking Jarrows B12 1000mgs. I then added Jarrows B Complex. Within about 10 days I experienced a strange "fluttering " in my heart. It was a completely different sensation to the palpitations/ missed beat I had experienced when the doctors had cut my dose of levothyroxine.

I stopped taking the Jarrows B Complex and within a couple of weeks the fluttering subsided.

Like fbirder says I think the high amount of B vitamins in Jarrows is too much for some of us.I intend to restart a B complex but with much lower doses. Maybe an ordinary supermarket brand - @fbirder would probably know better than me if they would be suitable. Good luck - hope you sort it. 🌞🌞

• I swear by Tesco's Multi-B Vitamins. Sensible amounts of all of them (although I do take extra folate). Plus - it's cheap, about 10% the cost of Jarrows.

• Thank you fbirder . Could I just ask why the extra folate....and further up the post a suggestion to take folic acid. I am hypothyroid but find all the supplements very confusing. 🌝🌝

• I take extra folate because one of the reactions mediated by B12 requires folate to work, and I'd like to make certain that I have enough floating around.

400 ug of folic acid a day will be enough without being too much.

• Thank you fbirder . 🌝

• Can you tell me which folate supplement you coold recomment please Mine was verh low on July

• Tesco again. They do 400 ug tablets.

• Thanks x

• Sounds ok. I will try the B complex from Tesco Thanks for all your input

Looks like I am not alone 🙂 X I have come across niacin before an d had problems. When my husband had one tablet he ended up in bed for an hour feeling awful and looked it !

Strong stuff some of the vitamins !

Thanks again to all who respond x

You may also like...