TPO Antibodies

Hello, I've just had my test results back for the complete thyroid function and everything is well within range except for the TPO Antibodies.

T4 - 108 (59-154).

TSH - 2.32 (.27-4.2).

Thyroxine - 12.8 (12.0-22.0).

T3 - 43 (3.1-6.8).

TPO - 213.8 (0-34).

Do you think the high TPO level on its own is enough for me to ask if I can get some sort of medication?

Thanks.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Mollyjane,

Perhaps post on the thyroid forum, I do not know enough about thyroid conditions, only that they are common with PA.

This is what I found:

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/enc...

What Abnormal Results Mean

A positive test means antithyroglobulin antibodies are found in your blood. This may be due to:

•Graves disease

•Hashimoto thyroiditis

•Hypothyroidism

•Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)

•Thyrotoxicosis

•Type 1 diabetes

Pregnant women and relatives of those with autoimmune thyroiditis may also test positive for these antibodies.

-------------------------------

Chronic thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s disease)

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/enc...

------------------------------------

Lots to read in this topic:

pernicious-anaemia-society....

Kind regards,

Marre.

• Hi Marre,

I knew after I had posted my message that I was in the wrong place :)

I really appreciate your help and advice - Thank you. I wouldn't have come this far, and I know I have along way to go, if it wasn't for the support I get from the kind, helpful people I have met through this forum and the thyroid forum.

It's great to have the information on the other conditions that may cause the rise in the TPO - a bit of amo for further testing.

What I would really like is to try the B12 "every other day till no further improvement" and a trial on thyroxine (?). I won't hold my breath.

MJ x

• Hi Marre,

I knew after I had posted my message that I was in the wrong place :)

I really appreciate your help and advice - Thank you. I wouldn't have come this far, and I know I have along way to go, if it wasn't for the support I get from the kind, helpful people I have met through this forum and the thyroid forum.

It's great to have the information on the other conditions that may cause the rise in the TPO - a bit of amo for further testing.

What I would really like is to try the B12 "every other day till no further improvement" and a trial on thyroxine (?). I won't hold my breath.

MJ x

You may also like...