Has anyone ever had like reddish coloured urine? - Pain Concern

Pain Concern

32,010 members10,358 posts

Has anyone ever had like reddish coloured urine?

Lonely3190 profile image

I noticed it last night and just now and it's still a reddish colour.

27 Replies

Hi, you need to be seen and diagnosed. It could be from bleeding, bilirubin, or something you ate.

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to etheral

I think I may of sussed it, thanks to Suzie42. But thankyou for your response.

I had it but my was urine infection and it was blood and I had pain when urinating. My son had redish urine after he had eaten beetroot, so take your pick, it xan be food or something else

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Suzie42

I had beetroot drink last night.

Suzie42 profile image
Suzie42 in reply to Lonely3190

Well that could be it

Arymretep profile image
Arymretep in reply to Suzie42

Yes beetroot will definitely give a reddish colour 👍

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Arymretep

How long for do you know?

Nick2U profile image
Nick2U in reply to Lonely3190

That’s what I was going to suggest. Nothing to worry about but it is kind of freaky the first time you experience something like that.

I was going to ask if you had beetroot in last 24 hrs it caught me out a few years ago, frightens the crap 💩 out of you it does!! Hope you are well

Sharon

Yes I did at the time. I feel a fool.

Poppy_Ann profile image
Poppy_Ann in reply to Suzie42

I just replied before I saw your reply and was the same with the beetroot I have had urinary tract infection 3 times and it was when I had been living out in the Caribbean on my sail boat I was in Puerto Rico and after I had been home in uk and just before I flew back to the boat I had it I still have no idea what the cause was as it happened three years in a row, the first two times it was after I had returned to Puerto Rico and thought it must be in the water but the third time it was after I had been back to the UK and I was here longer than normal and I had it after 2 1/2 weeks here so then thought it must be something to do with the water here in the UK and not out in Puerto Rico but each time it cleared up with a 5 day course of antibiotics that were specifically for the urinary tract they were little purple tablets which turned my urine a luminous green it was that bright I thought I must be radioactive.

Suzie42 profile image
Suzie42 in reply to Poppy_Ann

I had my first uti by being in a jacuzzi in A hotel in La Gomera, apparently very easy to get from those, never again. I had a very uncomfortable journey home and I was given antibiotics which didnt agree with me, ended up on a drip with intravenous antibiotics and fluids.

Poppy_Ann profile image
Poppy_Ann in reply to Suzie42

That does not sound good I had to have intravenous antibiotics when I got an infection in my foot after I had had it operated on I had been to my doctors to show him and he sent me to my local hospital and as soon as the doctor saw me they kidnapped me put me on a ward with the antibiotics which they said would take up to a week the thing with that was I had no phone etc and could not contact anyone after a week I talked the doctor into letting me go home and collect some items and then return he let me out for 2 hours the problem was I was parked just outside the emergency department and I had no money to pay the parking bill which terrified me as it cost £3.50 for up to 2 hours and I had been there for a week but they canceled the charge which was good I just got a taxi back so I did not have to think about parking charges and after the second week on the intravenous antibiotics had got the swelling down but I still had to take others by tablet for a further week but at least it cured it in the end until one of the screws they used started poking out of my foot but by then my bones had fused together so it was nothing bad.

Regards Poppy Ann.

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Suzie42

Aww hun. Sorry you had to go through that.

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Poppy_Ann

Aww bless. Glad you are ok now.

nurse1946 profile image
nurse1946 in reply to Poppy_Ann

Keep watch, 3 UTIs... Had your prostate check lately

I did once in the past after I had ate a lot of beetroot at one time but that was just one day and then it went back to normal if you have had it more than 1 day I would would see your doctor and see what he/she says.Good luck finding out what the cause is it is always worrying when something happens to your body and you don't know what the cause is.

Regards Poppy Ann.

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Poppy_Ann

I have been to the urgent medical center and they couldn't find a infection but have sent it to a lab.

Beetroot will definitely cause your urine to turn red.

etheral profile image
etheral in reply to Lonely3190

Did they find blood?any causes besides infection.

Had you had any different food or drink? I remember when it was fashionable to drink blackcurrant with lager and that gave a reddish colour to urine I wrote above about taking a type of antibiotic which turned it bright green so there are several reasons why it can change colour that have no problem associated with it but it can be worrying when you do not know the cause, I just noticed that I have just wrote almost the same reply as I put above so I will take it that it is what I believe.

Good luck with finding the cause of your problem.

Regards Poppy Ann.

Have you eaten beets? It will cause your pee to be pink.

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Amkoffee

Yeah I did hun. I feel a fool now.

Amkoffee profile image
Amkoffee in reply to Lonely3190

Don't "beet" yourself up! 😂😂😂

Lonely3190 profile image
Lonely3190 in reply to Amkoffee

I see what you did there. Haha. X

Unless you are taking a pill that turns your urine a redish./orange color given to you by your Doc for treating UTI 'urinary tract infection' then I'd go to ER..

I had my results back They are normal.

You may also like...