My Ovacome
10,053 members12,403 posts

A year since diagnosis

A year since diagnosis

Hi lovely ladies

It is a year since my shock stage 4 diagnosis whilst on holiday last year in Mauritius.

To celebrate being a year on and to say thank you to the amazing nurses and doctors we took part in the Guys and St Thomas' Celebration 11k walk along the Thames today to raise funds for the cancer centre.

Glad to say I managed the 11k something that I wouldn't have thought possible 6 months ago . So now soaking my feet and drinking presecco 😀

So sending love and best wishes to all the teal warriors out there whatever stage of the journey your on . Thinking of you all today . Stay strong love Kim x

47 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Kim what a lovely pic! You look so well, so pleased to see! Well done for your walk, enjoy yr prosecco! well deserved . xx Kathy xx

2 likes

Thank you Kathy .😀

Well done, Kim!

I read your 3rd paragraph that you were soaking your feet in prosecco :-D !!

Yoshi x

4 likes

Thanks 😀What a great idea although what a waste !

1 like

😂

Well done and you look fab! x

2 likes

Thank you . Feeling good 💜

2 likes

Great photo. Well done! Hope you enjoyed the well-deserved prosecco. . .

1 like

Thank you . Sure did 😀

1 like

Great achievement

1 like

Thank you 😀

You look so well. A feel good moment. X

1 like

Thank you yes definitely helped to do something positive to mark 1 year since diagnosis . 😀

1 like

Well done you look great.

D x🍾

1 like

Thank you 😀

Well done on your walk and getting to where you are! lots of love xxx

1 like

Thank you yes there have been a few bumps in the road to say the least ( and probably more to come ) but feeling very lucky to be alive and kicking a year on !!! 😀

2 likes

I know. I was diagnosed in July last year and am currently having to start a second round of chemo etc as things flared up again but I am feeling ready to deal with it and keep going and enjoying each moment I can. Love to you xxx

So sorry that you have had to start more chemo . Sending love and best wishes for your treatment stay strong . Love Kimx 💜

1 like

Thank you, Kim:) xx

Hi Kim, you look fabulous, well done doing the 11k , raising much needed funds and especially for raising awareness. Keep well lovely ❤️Xx Jane

1 like

Thank you Jane , have had lots of walking practise with our dog walking , never been up to running even before the diagnosis but who knows maybe tackle a run next year !

Yes definitely on a mission to raise awareness and could feel people reading our messages as we walked round . The hospital have also put our pics with messages on their Facebook page so Ovarian Cancer got a mention 😀

Hope you are keeping well too 💜Kim x

1 like

Wooohooo! Well done Kim. Looking fab. Xx

1 like

Thank you 💜

Congratulations, Kim. A fantastic achievement!! Well done. Super photo, too.... 😊 Xx

1 like

Thank you . Yes am feeling achy but good this morning . Have physio at lunchtime ! Not sure I will be up to much 😩

Hope the physio helps you, you poor Love. Still you DID IT!! 😊 Xx

1 like

Hi Kim, well done. Lovely proto of you. Your foot bath and glass of prosecco was well and truly earned. Ann xx

1 like

Thank you Ann x

1 like

Overwhelmed by all your likes and replies ladies . Thank you so much . Had been feeling a bit wobbly about the 1 year since diagnosis anniversary as been through so much and so much has changed but this has really helped to do something positive together as a family. (my husband and daughter walked too, my son living it up at Glastonbury! )

Has also been an emotionally healing experience for my 20 year old daughter , as we hadn't realised she had only told a handful of friends and has now posted a message on her Facebook ( or whatever they use ! ) and it has reached a much wider audience . She has had beautiful messages from her wider friendship group and came in this morning telling me she feels like a wait has been lifted from her shoulders . 💜

Sending love and best wishes to you all .

Kim x

1 like

Kim- you look wonderful and well. you are a great inspiration for all of us. Exercise really makes people feel better doesn't it. Keep up the good work and stay in touch. We are one with all of this.

Xx Carol

1 like

Thanks Carol , getting our rescue dog made a real difference to me with the exercise . Have to walk at a reasonable pace to keep up with him ! The physio at Guys is also great and gave me confidence in the early days after surgery when my breathing was so bad . Yes I definitely feel part of a team thanks to the support of this forum . Love and best wishes Kim x

How amazing....all I can say is well done and keep at it! C xxxxx

1 like

Thank you Chris . 😀Kx

Thought you looked great yesterday when I saw you Kim and photo is lovely. Hope the physio gave you an easy session today and that you are not too achy after your exertions doing the walk. Please could you message me details of your Just Giving page.

Congratulations again on such a great achievement.

Love Barbara x

1 like

Thanks Barbara .

Great seeing you too and will message details privately . Glad they sorted your hearing and will be in touch about meeting up again soon .

Love Kim. X

Well done you look great. Xxx

1 like

Thanks Juliette 😀

1 like

You look wonderful! Best wishes for continued good health and more fun holidsysvto plan! And thanks for spreading the word for all of us fellow teal. warriors.

1 like

Thanks Martina

Yes so important to spread the word and increase awareness . Kx

So encouraging! Thanks for posting and onward and upward to you!

1 like

Thanks Kat

Hope your chemo is going ok and you are more comfortable .

Onwards and upwards to you too . Love and best wishes Kim x

Well done. You look great. Xxxx

1 like

Thanks Suzanne

Can't be long till your holiday now . Have a great time and try and leave your CA125 concerns behind . ( I know too well this is easier said than done as I am paranoid about mine ) but don't give OC the satisfaction of spoiling a great holiday . Enjoy love Kim x

1 like

Aww. Thank you Kim.

I'm going to get on the plane and leave this horrible disease behind.

You have a fab time too. Xxxx

1 like

Good for you! Well done!

All best wishes to you.

Love,

Eileen xx

1 like

Thank you Eileen

Best wishes to you too Kx

You may also like...