LOGS Trial Update

Last time I posted I mentioned that I was being put forward for a drug trial for a new treatment for low grade ovarian cancer.

My slides have been reviewed and accepted. I have also had my heart scan, eye test and my biopsy this week. I am just waiting to find out the results of the randomisation process to see which arm of the trial I will be on.

Last edited by

24 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck with this trial xxx

• I'll be really interested to see how you get on as I'm also Low Grade and it looks like I will be needing more treatment and they are talking about a possible Trial at Addenbrookes. I've looked into it and Addenbrookes are doing this Trial. Can I ask you what the biopsy involved ? Many thanks Kerry x

• I have a lump just below the skin in the pelvic region so the biopsy involved a big needle and a local anaesthetic. The biopsy is mandatory for this study but I think if they try and they fail because its not safe/possible you can still be allowed onto the trial

• Ok thanks for that. Xx

• Good luck with your trial. All the best!

• Wishing you all the best xx

• Wishing you all the best . Keep us posted xoxo

• Good news, from what I read of trials you will have a lot of care and attention and regular checks all of which is good.

I heard this week that I didn't get into the clear cell one which is disappointing and I'll be asking why this week as I seemed to meet the criteria.

Good luck with yours

Clare xx

• They may bot know. I got turned down for a trial back in 2014 and was never told why. My oncologist also was bever told

• Ah that's interesting, thanks x

• Hi Clare, sorry to hear you haven't been able to get on to this trial. It's hard enough to fit the criteria but to fit the criteria & still be refused must be even harder. I hope they can offer you another trial or chemo that will zap it.

I know you will have your big fighting nickers on at your next appointment & won't let them fob you off. Good luck take care Cindyxx

• Hi there ..

I'm glad it's so far, so good. I was wondering if you prefer the hormone treatment if you don't get on the inhibitor?

I read that you don't have to have a biopsy if you choose not to. They're using the tissue to find bio markers to see where the drug is most effective.

I also read that, if you get into the chemo/hormone arms and the disease continues, you can then be given the inhibitor which is something, isn't it?

Xx

• I have already had letrozole so I can't have it on the trial. I think the alternate is caelyx

• Are you allowed Tamoxifen? If not, I think I'd prefer to get the targeted drug.

• Tamoxifen is one of the alternate treatments. The computer decides which arm of the trial I am on

• If I get out on the alternate treatment and it doesn't work then you automatically get the option of trying the trial drug

• Good luck and my best wishes xx

• Hi there, all fingers crossed that it goes well on your trial. Good luck take care Cindyxx

• That is great news I hope all goes ahead as planned and look forward to updates

• Almost there.... good luck!

• Every best wish ....you do get very well looked after on a trial , you become very special to them !

• Do you know name of drug for the trial?

• The trial is called the logs trial and the drug involved is called trametinib. You can read more about it here

crukctuglasgow.org/eng.php?...

• Good luck. I hope you do really really well. I am also low grade.

Gwen

You may also like...