Caelyx isn't working for me and has been stopped after 4 infusions. The tumours have grown in several places and this has included one that is pressing on my ureter and blocking one kidney, so I had a stent put in yesterday after a few days in hospital with a drainage tube (nephrostomy). Now weekly taxol seems to be the last option and I will probably start that next week. They talked about giving me longer but I'm keen to get on with it and see whether it works and how bad the side effects are. But I also wonder whether that is the wrong decision and whether I should give myself a rest. It'll probably depend on how I feel when I see the consultant next week but I just wanted to ask for other opinions. I know it's my decision but hearing what some of you think will help. The other possibility, of course, is to call it a day and let nature take it's course. I've been on this journey 6 years and I wonder sometimes if that is long enough xx
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.