My methotrexate has just been increased from 15mg to 20mg and I am now on the fortnightly blood tests for next 6 weeks, so do not know what happens if GP surgery is closed?
Update: had my first blood test this am. Receptionist refused to let me make my next fortnightly appointment. Explained that I had to be monitored otherwise I would not be allowed to receive my injections, and that I would need to speak to a GP about this. She reluctantly gave me next fortnight appointment!!!!!!!!
Question: if it is unlikely that I will be able to receive blood tests on new 20mg dose, should I consider to go back down to 15mg as I have taken that dose for 8 weeks with no problems with bloods and would feel safer (it would be S*** law if the 20mg turned out to upset the blood chemistry and then there was no way of knowing this)! I’m not looking for anyone to advise, it’s just that I do not want to be a burden on a very ‘over stretched’ NHS, if I can be sensible and work out what would be prudent in everybody’s interest, especially if blood testing is going to be put on hold! Interested to see if others are having similar problems?